Equestrian Training South West (ETSW)
Training and Event terms and conditions
1. Booking forms must be submitted to attend training events.
2. Unless otherwise stated training sessions shall be paid for by BACS
3. A refund will be made if cancellation notice is given with more than fourteen days notice prior to clinic less £2 administration fee.
If 14 days or less notice is given refunds (minus £2 administration fee) will be only be given if costs are covered with another booking.
No refund if training is cancelled within 24 hours of the training time and ETSW retain the rights to fill the booking
N.B: Bookings which are made but payment is not received - The above still applies and cancellation fees or training payment will be asked for.
No Refunds can be give to members who miss their lessons due to lateness or getting lost. All Venue locations can be found on the website
4. Any members owing money for cancellations will not be allowed to book future ETSW training until monies are paid. Members who do not pay for training and owe monies to the club will have their membership cancelled as per point 6 of the ETSW Constitution. They will also be reported to Area 12 and British Riding Clubs and may face further sanctions.
5. Horse riding is a risk sport and riders and horses participate at Equestrian Training South West events entirely at their own risk. It is recommended by the organisers that all attendees have their own adequate insurance cover for both them and their horse.
Save for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the organiser or anyone for whom they are in law, responsible; neither the organiser of the events to which these rules apply, nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, vehicles, contents and accessories or any other person or property whatsoever. The organisers have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For those measures to be effective, everyone must in turn take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and their officials and stewards.
6. People participating at training events are expected to be tidy and not leave any mess.
7. Hard hats must be worn when mounted and conform to at least the minimum standard with harness properly adjusted and fastened. From 1st January 2023 the following standard hats will no longer be accepted PAS 015: 1998 and SNELL E2001. The more recent PAS 015 2011 and SNELL 2016 will continue to be accepted.
8. No fixed peaked hats to be used for any Cross Country training
9. Body Protectors and Medical Armbands are advised for Show Jumping
10. Body Protectors and Medical Armbands are compulsory for Cross Country. Body protectors must be at least BETA 2009 Level 3 (purple label). From 1st January 2023 body protectors with a purple 2000 label will no longer be accepted.
11. Riders should be competent enough to be able to control their horse or pony in a group environment.
Any rider which the instructor deems to be unsafe and a risk to themselves, their horse or pony and any other participant will be asked to leave the training session.
12. ETSW Minis is for Junior members that are either on the lead rein or have just come off the lead rein. ETSW Mini training groups will be kept separate from other training groups.
13. All under 18's must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all ETSW events
14. Horses and Ponies must be of at least 4 years of age to attend a training event.
15. Stallions are allowed at training events by prior arrangement with the organisers and must be bitted and competently handled/ridden by someone who is 14 years and over. If they misbehave they may be asked to leave the lesson. Stallion discs should be worn on bridles.
16. Unsafe/unsound horses will be asked to leave the ETSW event at the discretion of the instructor/judge.
17. All horses and ponies attending training should be flu vaccinated. It is the riders responsibility to ensure that when attending training their horse/pony adhere to the specific TRAINING VENUE flu vaccination rules.
18. Passports should always be carried with the horse/pony and may be asked to be shown.
19. Riders and spectators at all training events should always behave appropriately. No riders or spectators shall behave in offensive or abusive or unpleasant manner to any person
20. ETSW retain the rights to refuse and remove any booking.
21. ETSW retain the rights to cancel training days.
22. ETSW retain the rights to reduce training times should there not be enough bookings to cover the costs
23. In any emergency please call 999. Emergency Services must be met at venue entrances by any event attendee.
By attending any event organised by ETSW you agree to abide by these terms and conditions, British riding Club rules (and/or rules of the specific body the event is being run under) as well as any terms and conditions set out by the location of the event.
Everything we do is supported by the British Horse Society Values;
HORSES FIRST, the Horse is at the heart of all we do
ONE TEAM, we collaborate with and value our employees, members, supporters and partners
RESPECTFUL, we deliver with respect, integrity, dedication and passion
SUPPORTIVE, we support horses and people to safely enjoy life together
EXCELLENCE, we strive for excellence in everything we do.
If there is a problem - Please raise it immediately you are aware with an instructor/committee member as appropriate. We will attempt to rectify the issue as soon as possible. You may be asked to put the details in writing. You can contact the committee here