TRAINING AND CLUB RULES
ETSW TRAINING AND EVENT RULES
1. Booking forms must be submitted to attend training events.
2. Unless otherwise stated training sessions shall be paid for by BACS (Cheques only accepted by prior agreement with the Club)
(Click here to view training day booking procedure)
3. A refund will be made if cancellation notice is given with more than fourteen days notice prior to clinic less £2 administration fee.
If 14 days or less notice is given refunds (minus £2 administration fee) will be only be given if costs are covered with another booking.
N.B: Bookings which are made but payment is not received - The above still applies and cancellation fees or training payment will be asked for.
Refunds are not able to be given to riders that are late for lessons or miss their lesson time slot.
4. Any members owing money for cancellations will not be allowed to book future ETSW training until monies are paid. Members who do not pay for training and owe monies to the club will have their membership cancelled as per point 6 of the ETSW Constitution. They will also be reported to Area 12 and British Riding Clubs and may face further sanctions.
5. Horse riding is a risk sport and riders and horses participate at South West Equestrian Training events entirely at their own risk. It is recommended by the organisers that all attendees have their own adequate insurance cover.
Save for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the organiser or anyone for whom they are in law, responsible; neither the organiser of the events to which these rules apply, nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, vehicles, contents and accessories or any other person or property whatsoever. The organisers have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For those measures to be effective, everyone must in turn take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and their officials and stewards.
6. People participating at training events are expected to be tidy and not leave any mess.
7. Hard hats must be worn when mounted and conform to at least the minimum standard with harness properly adjusted and fastened.
8. No fixed peaked hats should be used for any Cross Country training
9. Body Protectors and Medical Armbands are advised for Show Jumping
10. Body Protectors and Medical Armbands are compulsory for Cross Country. Body protectors must be at least BETA 2009 Level 3 (purple label).
11. Riders should be competent enough to be able to control their horse or pony in a group environment.
Any rider which the instructor deems to be unsafe and a risk to themselves, their horse or pony and any other participant will be asked to leave the training session.
12. ETSW Minis is for Junior members that are either on the lead rein or have just come off the lead rein. ETSW Mini training groups will be kept separate from other training groups.
13. All under 18's must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all ETSW events
14. Horses and Ponies must be of at least 4 years of age to attend a training event.
15. Stallions are allowed at training events by prior arrangement with the organisers and must be bitted and competently handled/ridden by someone who is 14 years and over. If they misbehave they may be asked to leave the lesson. Stallion discs should be worn on bridles.
16. Unsafe/unsound horses will be asked to leave the training event at the discretion of the instructor who is teaching.
17. Riders and spectators at all training events should always behave appropriately. No riders or spectators shall behave in offensive or abusive or unpleasant manner to any person at any South West Equestrian Training event.
18. ETSW retain the rights to refuse and remove any booking.
19. ETSW retain the rights to cancel training days.